Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Jurassic Mess....

Jurassic World
Release Date: June 12, 2015
PG, Adventure, Action
Director: Colin Trevorrow

Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins, Vincent D'Onofrio, CGI Monsters!

Houston, we have a mess! We have seen this before, right? Has it been that long for a remake of Jurassic Park? People of the world must have an appetite for rogue, computer generated dinosaurs to eat other computer generated carnivores and yes people who are not computer generated!  This two hour mixture of Indiana Jones, Jaws, Deep Blue Sea, Godzilla, and Aliens versus predators is a complete befuddlement and I was left asking why? The Plot...the park opens, the dinosaur gets loose, he eats people and is killed at the end....park closes, law suits are filed, survivors go on talk shows, yada yada yada. We knew this going in and yet the theater is packed...with screaming kids who are terrified and old men intoxicated and snoring throughout. The cast is awful! They don't mesh and the attempt of humor in the beginning fall on deaf ears. I didn't care if they all got wiped out, the cast sleep walks through their lines, but yet demands attention! Yes, the first hour was a snooze fest...awful in fact I almost left to sneak into Insidious 3...but I stayed...The second half, AWESOME! Completely unpredictable and a saving grace of the $5.75 ticket price in fact! I was waiting for it and I was fooled big time! Brilliant in fact was the plot that I could have done without the ending, which was predictable as get out...and yes...another sequel coming soon....No matter what the reviews, you will see it...as I did...and enjoy it...like I did...Go see it at a matinee.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment