Thursday, February 23, 2017

La La Meh....

2016, Comedy, Drama, Musical, A long 128 minutes

 Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone

 Director: Damien Chazelle

Someone missed the boat on this flick, it may have been me to be quite honest. I accept my role as a total dumbass when it comes to comedy, drama, and musicals all in one flick. I loved Xanadu and Grease back in the day, which was rated awful by Rotten maters...and they loved La La Land! Emma Stone plays an inspiring actress and Gosling plays a washed up soul piano player. The two meet, dance, sing, and talk...dance, and sing....and talk...for two hours. The theme is follow your dreams to the fullest, it just takes so long to get there. J.K. Simmons has a cameo appearance and John Legend is flat, unappealing, and of course plays a singer. This is a decent movie, don't get me wrong. The songs are good, the plot intriguing, it takes forever to get the main theme...at the end and the best part of this flick. Now, where is my VHS of Xanadu!




No comments:

Post a Comment